Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

'Tis the Season

     For everything.  The past few months have been full, to say the least. Between celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas, going to events, and just generally enjoying the season, it has most definitely been a fall and winter to remember.

     The beginning of November found several of us exploring land. Perks of a) living in the country, and b) being in a family with a realtor!


Nut.

We of course went to Nana and Grandbud's house for our annual Thanksgiving feast.

Caroline and Nana wrote a song just for the occasion! They had written a line for everyone. It was great. :)

Love these girls! We were so happy to have Darby with us this year.

Photogenic much? Mhm.
We are big fans of The Andy Griffith show in this family.
Andrew loves his guitar.
Fast forwarding to December, we celebrated both Mom and Caroline's birthdays.


Don't know what I would do without these two.
The 22nd was our long-awaited Lessons and Carols service. This year we had 50-something musicians participating. Having weekly rehearsals for 4 months paid off, and it was a lovely, worshipful time. I'm so grateful for all the friends I made through this, and the awesome memories I'll always treasure!

Picture taken by Olivia.

Christmas Eve found us at Nana and Grandbud's house once again.

Cousins
I was so happy that we got a family picture. It's not very often that we're all together and able to get one anymore. My awesome aunt, Julie, took it!
This year is definitely ending with a bam. :) We have so much to be grateful for.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, I wrote this post several days ago and was planning on leaving it at that. BUT, something even bigger than getting a family photo happened today:


Chris and Darby, engaged on New Year's Eve, 2013.
That's right, my oldest brother is engaged! Your brother getting married is exciting enough, but when he's marrying one of your best friends? I don't have the words to describe how surreal it is. Seriously, since when do I deserve these awesome people?!

I could get a lot sappier, but I'll leave it at that. :)

No comments: